I would like to apply to the Go WMST Drive Traffic Safety Program. I am willing to commit the necessary time and effort to fulfill the requirements of this course. I understand that the driver’s training is licensed and directed by Washington State Department of Licensing and is subject to the following requirements:
- Student must be 15 years old by the first class (no enrollment after the third class).
- There is a $25 administration fee for cancelling after the second class for the cost of registering with the State.
- Refunds cannot be granted for dropping after 3 class sessions, suspension, expulsion or failing the class for any reason.
All instruction must be completed within 30 – 120 days of the first class session.
- Go WMST Drive students that must repeat the course are eligible for a 25% discount
- 30 hours of classroom time offered in 2 hour increments, as scheduled on the website.
- Student can only miss 3 classes, but must make up the same class session that was missed. The entire course
must be repeated if the student misses more than 3 sessions or does not make up the classes missed within
120 days of the first class session.
- Students that miss a class must contact us within one week of absence to reschedule make-up.
- There is no cost if the student can make-up the same session that was missed in a regularly scheduled class within 120 days of their initial class.
- If a student must book an individual make-up session, there is an $80 fee for the cost of the instructor. Students that
have missed the same session may split the instructor’s fee with another student that has missed the same session.
- Missing more than 10 minutes of classroom instruction time will count as an absence, including being tardy.
- Student must receive an 80% on a final written exam given in class session 15. Students may retake a failed test by contacting us (WAC 308.108.170).
- Student must complete 6 (1) hour Behind The Wheel (BTW) drives and 1 (1) hour observation drive
- Student must have their permit before the first drive:
- Under 18 but no younger than 15 year olds will need to be registered with WMST prior to getting your permit.
- In order to obtain a permit the student will need to apply for their WA State ID number online at www.dol.wa.gov by selecting the “apply online” link. After completing registration, call or email Drive@GoWmst.com with the student’s ID number which will start with WDL, once received WMST will send an electronic waiver that allows the student to get their permit through the DOL no sooner than 10 days prior to the first class session. The permit can then be obtained through the DOL.
- No drives can be completed before class 3
- Drives must be cancelled 24 hours in advance online or by contacting us otherwise a $40 fee for the cost of the instructor is applied for the make-up and must be paid before scheduling subsequent drives.
- A tardy of more than 5 minutes for your BTW drive will be a cancellation and the cancellation rule will apply
- A tardy of more than 5 minutes for your observation will result in $20 rescheduling fee
- Not having your permit or required glasses/contacts with you for your BTW drive will be handled as a cancellation and the cancellation rule will apply.
- Student must receive an 80% on a final skills test given on drive number 5. Students may retake a failed skills test by contacting us, a $40 fee will be charged for the cost of the instructor (WAC 308.108.170).
- Students needing additional drives to pass the required skills will need to pay $40 per hour for each BTW lesson
to cover the cost of the instructor.
- A 16 year old can attain an intermediate driver’s license after completing driver’s education, having a permit for a minimum of six months, have passed a knowledge & behind the wheel test and have had at least 50 hours of additional supervised driving experience, 10 of which must have been at night.
- An intermediate license is required for a minimum of 12 months for those under 18 years of age.
- Intermediate license does not allow passengers for six months, other than immediate family or someone licensed for five years. After six months, a maximum of three passengers are allowed
- Intermediate license cannot operate a vehicle between 1am – 5am unless supervised by someone that has been licensed for 5 years and is over 25 years of age.
- No wireless devices are permitted, unless for an emergency.
- Operators with an intermediate license that receive a traffic violation or are in any collision where another party is
not at fault will be subject to:
- The first incident will extend the intermediate license requirements above until age 18.
- Second incident will result in loss of license for six months or to age 18, whichever is less.
- Third incident will result in loss of license until age 18.
Code of Conduct
- Addition fees may include:
- Washington State DOL application and licensing fees.
- WMST knowledge test fee (80% required on a 40 multiple choice question test).
- WMST behind the wheel test fee (80% required).
WMST is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning and working environment by promoting
responsible citizenship and academic excellence. Students are expected to:
- Treat one another with respect, regardless of age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, or economic status
- Show proper care and regard for school property, all facilities, cars, and equipment utilized.
- All students and instructors are expected to demonstrate honesty and integrity so that communications and interactions protect and increase a sense of trust.
- Students are expected to actively participate in both classroom and driving experiences, as well as engage
with their instructors and peers. There is a no phones/electronics policy in both settings. Students being
disruptive or distracting from teaching, or interfering with the learning of their peers, may be asked to leave
- Safe Learning Environment
- WMST is committed to a violence-free learning environment. In addition to physical abuse, there is a zero tolerance policy for verbal abuse, discrimination, harassment, teasing and bullying.
Please contact us for extraordinary circumstances. Further State requirements are available at www.DOL.WA. Gov
I have read and agree to comply with the policies and requirements as stated above
and fully consent to my son / daughter enrolling in Go WMST Drive. I attest that I have received the intermediate license
restrictions & penalties above Furthermore, I commit to a minimum of 50 hours of supervised behind-the-wheel practice,
including 10 nighttime hours