KickStart for Beginners
This three-hour introductory course is designed for the true novice and introduces the basics of motorcycle controls and operation in a low stress environment. WMST provides the motorcycles and class sizes are kept low for more personal attention. This class can be completed using a WMST provided scooter instead of motorcycle by contacting the WMST office or requesting in registration notes.
Completion of the KickStart course will give new riders the confidence and foundation they need to attend the Basic Rider Course.
Watch Our KickStart Video
Required Riding Gear
Required riding gear:
- A helmet that meets DOT standards
- Long jeans or heavier material pants with no rips, tears or holes.
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket that is weather appropriate.
- Eye protection such as glasses, sunglasses, safety glasses or goggles.
- Sturdy boots that cover the ankle with no more than a 1-inch heel.
- Gloves that cover the entire hand.
Cancellation & Reschedule Policy
Refunds will only be issued for cancellations made at least 10 days before the class. If you call to cancel less than 10 days before the class, you will forfeit your entire registration fee. If you would like to reschedule your class, there is a $25 rescheduling fee if rescheduled 10 days prior to the beginning of your class. Changes cannot be made less than 10 days before the start of your course. If you are late, arrive unprepared or do not show up for your class, you forfeit your entire registration fee.
While our staff will do as much as possible to help you learn to ride safely we can not guarantee that you will learn to do so.