Defensive Driving Course/Court Ordered Traffic School - $85
Photo I.D. is required. Identification must have a photo.
- Deferred Tickets
- Reduce Traffic Fines
- Lower or Offset Points Against your License
- Discounts on Insurance
- Improve Driving Skills
The defensive driving course is a comprehensive 8-hour course that meets Washington state requirements for deferred citations, driver improvement, and court ordered requirements. Classes are offered at WMST’s main office (Everett, WA) every other Saturday throughout the year. Class enrollment can be completed in person, by phone, or online at register here.
DDC-8 - What is it:
- The Defensive Driving Course 9th Edition (DDC-8) is a Washington State approved driver improvement course offering practical knowledge and driving techniques to avoid collisions and to choose safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviors.
- This course is presented by WMST Drive School in conjunction with the National Safety Council (NSC).
- This comprehensive 8 hour course meets and/or exceeds both Level 1 and Level 2 Washington State requirements for deferred citation programs, driver improvement programs, and all court-ordered programs and requirements.
- The Defensive Driver Course may allow you to keep your traffic infraction(s) from being added to your official driving record (please check with your referring court for eligibility).
- Some drivers may qualify for “deferred finding” under RCW 46.63.070 (5) if requested during mitigation or contested hearing. A deferred finding will not go on your driving record so long as conditions set by the judge are satisfied. These may include payment of costs, committing no other traffic violations over a 6-12 month period and possibly traffic school attendance or compliance with other traffic related conditions. A person is eligible for a deferred finding only once in a seven year period.
- After completing this course, each student shall receive a certificate of completion which may make you eligible for driving points reduction, citation / ticket deferment, or citation dismissal, along with meeting any court-ordered attendance.
- In addition, several insurance companies offer a reduction on premiums to graduates. (Check with your insurance carrier for availability).
Where & When:
- Classes are instructed at WMST’s main office located at 500 S.E. Everett Mall Way, Suite B-214, Everett WA 98208
- Classes are held every other Saturday throughout the year.