Advanced Sidecar/Trike Course (This is an Unsubsidized class) Note For Students Under 18:
You must be accompanied on the first day of class by a parent or legal guardian who must sign the Release of Liability Waiver with the instructor as witness.
Class Times 8am – 6pm*
(Morning in the CLASSROOM/Afternoons on the RANGE) The Advanced Sidecar/Trike Education Program course (S/TEP) is an 8-9 hour curriculum for 3W riders who are experienced in safe operation of a three wheeled Motorcycle. Once we complete our classroom session the range exercises progress through street survival strategies, and advanced level skills training. It finishes with both written and riding tests that will waive testing at the DOL for your 3-wheeled motorcycle endorsement. You cannot be late for any portion of this class. We cannot and will not “catch you up”. The curriculum does not allow the time to do this. Sidecar and Trike Requirements: We will have sidecar units and trikes available for student use.
Students are encouraged to bring their own rigs to class. However, they must meet all of the following criteria in order to be used in our classes:
- THE SILVERDALE SITE HAS A NOISE RESTRICTION, SO ANY 3W RIG RIDDEN IN CLASSES AT APEX AIRPORT MUST HAVE A STOCK EXHAUST SYSTEM.
- The rig must have 3 wheels. (Voyager and Tow-Pac kits attached to a 2-wheel bike are not suitable for this training since they have 4 wheels.)
- The rig must be steered by handlebars.
- The rig must be constructed such that the driver sits astride the engine or the drivetrain.
- The rig must pass a safety inspection by the instructor, who will examine the following: sturdy construction of all attachment points with all connections properly tightened, all controls functional and in good condition, all lights and safety equipment functional, tires and wheels in good shape and capable of supporting the stresses they will be exposed to during the class
- The rig must be insured to the minimum liability limits available in WA. The instructor must see proof of insurance and ownership at the class.
- A Piaggio MP3 cannot be ridden in the 3-wheel class due it’s ability to lean and countersteer like a 2-wheel motorcycle. It can be ridden in a 2-wheel class.
Click Here To See The Schedule